Being Helped

I'm going to tell you about one of the desperate moment I had, but, luckily was helped by someone.
This is my story

It was during Junior High School when I was in 8 grade. I joined the Red Cross organization as an extracurricular. The Red Cross and the Scouts held an annual activity at school. We camp for three nights and train together. 
That time, I was appointed as one of the committees. I was in charge of the food storage and responsible for the kitchen appliances during the activity.
All went well on the first day. Although I was really exhausted and tired, there was no problem. What really hit me was on the second day. It was a really tiring day for me. I had to work nonstop since dawn. Me and my team prepared breakfast since dawn, about 3 am and after the breakfast, we have to wash all of the dirty dishes, which is in total a hundred of them. It was very exhausting for a three man team. Luckily, there is another team who helped us. I feel so grateful. The job became a lot faster and easier. I can't imagine what I would do if they hadn't help my team, the job would have been so tough for three people. We did the same thing after lunch too. 
Everything went well, at least, until evening. I thought all of my jobs were already done and we still have a lot of food stock for tomorrow. Then, one of the upperclassmen said that we still have to prepare bread for tomorrow's breakfast. Me and my friend panicked because we were already out of bread since it was used for that day's breakfast and it was already in the night. There were no food stores or public transportation near my school since it was already in the night. Going to the nearby store was already out of the question since me and my friend's legs were really hurt and it was really hard just to walk. My friend nearly cried and I didn't know what to do. The other committees were busy with their own work to help us so it was just the two of us. We were afraid that the upperclassmen would punish us.
Luckily, one of the commentators for the activity notice our problem and afford to help us since he can ride a motorcycle. He really helped us by buying the bread. Because of that me and my friend didn't have to walk all the way to the store and bought twelve packs of bread on our own. I am truly thankful of what he did for us, even though I think he may not remember it. He really helped us.

Komentar

Postingan Populer